Saturday, July 2, 2011

Two exceptional quotes for today

""Without words, without writing and without books there would be no history, there could be no concept of humanity." - Hermann Hesse (b. July 2, 1877)

Could you even imagine a world without books! I, for one, could not. It is a frightening idea that as I age, I will no longer have the ability to see written words. I am going to read so much now that by the time I can no longer see I will still be absorbing the words that I have read in the past.


"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Maya Angelo

A writer's words are his or her song. Some writers sing a little off key, while others tone, pitch, inflection and key are perfect in every way. These are the words that sing to my soul as I enter the world in which the author has created for me. These are the songs that touch my mind, my heart and my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment