Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sneak-peek at "And Yet, I Dreamed" which is my next book of poetry, coming soon!

I thought I'd give a sneak-peek! Just one of the poems in "And Yet, I Dreamed."

 ***

Baby Dreams

I watch her little eyes
flutter
in her sleep

And wonder what she
dreams
in the night so deep

Do her dreams have
words
spoken gently in her ear

Or do they just have pictures
brightly
flickering in her mind there

Does she dream of me
rocking
her so gently

Perhaps she dreams of
feeding
from the breast so intently

I watch her smile
brightly
as she sleeps there so peacefully

And I smile myself because she
captured
my heart and I give it her freely

She must dream of kittens
prancing
here and there

And puppies that
run
across the yard everywhere

And when she weeps
quietly
I know that she is sad

But, only in her dreams
where
she recalls a diaper that is bad

When suddenly she
stirs
like the leaves in an autumn tree

That are caught upon the soft
breeze
that flutters them aloft, sets them free

Her brown eyes
open
and her head begins to rise

Then she looks at me
directly
and she calls out in surprise

And I know in that instant great
love
for this small baby girl

Is a great blessing from Heaven of absolute
joy
with a greater price than even the very best pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment